If you wish to sign up for audition notices to be texted directly to your phone, you can either follow this link
Or you can send a text to this number 81010 and text this message @a1audition (include the @ sign and use no spaces)
Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled audition time to complete your Audition Sheet (if you do not have it preprinted/filled out).
- Actors will go in with their assigned group.
- For musicals, Actors will be asked to perform 16-32 bars of an up-beat song or ballad from a musical theater piece. They can either bring in instrumental version on CD or Ipod,
or they can bring in sheet music. But acapella will not be allowed
For younger actors, they will be permitted to sing the "Happy Birthday" song.
- For non-musicals,
Actors will be asked to perform a 30 second to 1 minute monologue.
If there is an optional workshop, and they attend, they will be given some monologues to choose from, or they can pick their own.
- Actors will be asked to perform a 30 second to 1 minute monologue.
IF you don't have a monologue, here are some samples you can choose from
- Some Actors may be given a scene to perform with a partner or small group
- A headshot or snapshot is requested but not required.
Unfortunately we don't have space for everyone to participate in the production. We encourage you to try again in the future if you are not chosen for this particular production.
- Appointment times are required to audition at our youth theater in Scottsdale, AZ.
- You do NOT need to be a resident of Scottsdale, AZ to participate in our musical theater.
- THERE ARE NO FEES OR TICKET SALES REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE.
- Costumes, if required, will be provided free of charge.
Act One Youth Theater is a 501C3 non-profit, childrens theater.
"Like" us on Facebook to get information about our musical theater in Scottsdale
before anyone else. http://www.facebook.com/ActOneYouthTheater
Top 5 audition tips